Hi All! I am a little late with this post but since it’s April and its raining outside right now..you know April showers bring May flowers (hee hee), I am sharing my newest nephew’s baby shower. The shower was back in November and Garlon Jr (GJ) is 3 months old now. He is so stinkin adorable that I can eat him up.
My sister wanted a traditional “shower” theme, so we started brainstorming ideas and “pinned” several images.
We were inspired by this shower by the Miss now Mrs Borsa blog that we found on pinterest. You should definitely check out this blogger and her baby shower post. She has so many images of her shower with links to resources that will make your next shower planning a piece of cake.
So back to my sissy’s shower, I was in charge of …you guessed it, the decor. I wanted the dessert table to stand out because well..baby shower desserts are the cutest and that’s what most people want, at least that’s what I want. Give me sugar!!! For the dessert table, I made an ombre’ rainy day backdrop out of drop cloth and paint.
Ombre Backdrop Details:
Supplies: canvas drop-cloth, plastic drop-cloths, blue paint (I used Sherwin Williams Jetstream flat paint), white paint, paint brush, polyurethane spray
1. Lay the drop cloth on the plastic drop cloth (the paint can leak through so you may want to do this outside)
2. Divide the cloth into 3 parts by marking with a pencil. Do not tape off because you want the colors to bleed into each other to create the ombre effect.
3. Paint the top section with the darkest blue color, then add a little white paint to the lighten color then paint the next section overlapping the first section by 2 inches.
4. Your last section you will add white paint to the paint used in step 3.
5. Let dry then spray it with the polyurethane spray.
I think it all came together very well. And my sister and her fiance were very pleased. My soon to be brother in law told me “You killed the decorations.” I am so happy they loved it.
So I you noticed that I said my sister’s boyfriend at the beginning of the post and then I called him her fiance at the end? Well that’s because they got engaged at the end of the shower. At the very end of opening all the gifts her boyfriend said, “Wait, there’s one more gift”, he then got on his knees and proposed. A perfect ending to a perfect day. I am so happy for them.